Pet Policy for Prince Albert Guest House
We’re pleased to offer accommodations for your special friend while traveling as we understand your affection for your pet(s). However, accidents & unforeseen events happen so the following guidelines and acknowledgement in agreeing to stay at the Prince Albert Guesthouse (& at 5A Atlantic*) is in effect for your stay with us:
- Pets are not allowed without prior management approval. In the event of approval, our pet fee of $35/day is in addition to the daily room rate being assessed; damage in excess of that amount (determined by us) is your full responsibility. *Our Atlantic St. house is $275 per stay which is not refundable and is limited to one pet.
- Pets MUST be kept quiet at all times. If the pet cannot be left alone in the room without making noise, they must be taken with you. Pets that continue to disrupt the operation of the Inn cannot remain as guests (including complaints from other guests on same). You may be asked to leave without a refund. If you know your pet is “a barker” or “occasionally whines” we suggest that you consider boarding your pet professionally or INSTEAD OF BRINGING PET give them a vacation with friends or family to avoid an issue as described herein. Unless pre-arranged, local kennels or boarding is not readily available (they stay full/booked) and refunds will not be issued if you opt to check out early due to an issue with your pet.
- Please keep pets off all bedding and furniture as $50 extra will be assessed for comforter cleaning (if we deem necessary).
- Pets that chew must be crated when left alone. If damage occurs, please report it prior to checkout. Owner is responsible for the cost of repairs and/or replacement.
- If you take your pet to the beach or swimming YOU MUST hose them off at the front door or rear gate of 164 Commercial. We are glad to provide you with an area & supplies to shampoo; we will show you where pet towels for drying are kept. Please do not use bathroom facilities or guest towels for this; just ask us!!
- Pets must be walked on public property (i.e. town landings) when taking your pet to the restroom. You MUST pick up after them every time the pet defecates; a town by-law (please bring your own pet waste bags available at Petsmart, Petco, etc.); Provincetown’s Residents are VERY particular about your pet being on a leash at all times and about picking up their poop (they can ticket you for not doing so as it is a Town Ordinance that pets must always be on a leash and that poop must be picked up!)
- If your pet does get sick, or begins feeling ill, let us know and we’ll secure some “pet pads” or “wee-wee pads” to assist you!
We want you to enjoy your stay AND for you to come back. Please ask us and we’ll be happy to help you with the needs of your pet and any other issues that may arise during your stay!